***This post may contain some affiliate links. I won’t share links for anything that I haven’t tried. If you make a purchase I will receive a small commission at no additional cost to you***
Having anxiety (and depression) can be difficult. I put together a list of tips that have helped me to cope, hopefully they’ll help you too.
- If you’re having an attack, find a way to remind yourself that its your anxiety
- Deep breathing works wonders
- MAKE SURE to take time for SELF-CARE!!!!!
- Try to find a way to keep track of what you’re doing/what is going on around you before you feel anxious (or an anxiety attack going on)
- Write or Talk about how you’re feeling. Holding in things that are bothering you is never good and can exacerbate your anxiety.
- Drink enough water and eat
- Get the proper amount of sleep
- During an anxiety attack write out how you’re feeling and then read it out loud to yourself
- When you start to have negative thoughts, switch it to a positive or more realistic thought (ie, change “My life is horrible” to “I may be struggling with something but I will get through it”)
- Keep a journal
- Try to follow a schedule and keep track of the things you need to do (a bullet journal is helpful)
- Meditation, Yoga (Yoga with Adrienne is great and you can find it on Youtube), Dancing, Exercising and other physical activities are great for stress relief.
- If possible find a hobby, doing things you love to do are a great way to relieve some stress.
- Don’t beat yourself up if you need to take some time for yourself.
- Don’t beat yourself up or be too hard on yourself (especially about things that aren’t completely in your control or for others actions)
- Try to find someone you feel comfortable talking to about whats bothering you
- If you want to join a support group, or a meet up group or even a facebook group for anxiety (and/or depression if you’re dealing with that). Having friends who are understanding of what you’re going through is really helpful. Also, from my experience, they’re less likely to put you down or bother you about having to cancel plans etc (this definitely isn’t always the case).
- If you’re anxiety causes or adds to insecurity/self-confidence issues find ways to boost your confidence (I’ll come up with some tips for this soon – I’m working on this myself)
- Talk to yourself…Yea, you read that right lol (I’ll have a post about this very soon)
- Seek help – Talk to a therapist or some sort of counselor
- Some candles and/or aromatherapy (the aromatherapy line from Bath & Body works is amazing).
22. Get a stress ball or a ball of clay
23. I came across this CALM drink by Natural Vitality (I got a free sample from them and it was everything!
24. A Magnesium Supplement – My doctor told me to take 500mgs once a day for my migraines and its been helping me feel less stressed as well. (This is the one I’ve been taking)
These are some tips that I’ve been given or that I’ve tried. These may not work for everyone.
Comment below with what you do or use to help you cope.